We need to reflect and remember God’s truth in light of a new year. The following is the outline for the first Sunday morning sermon of 2017. The title of the sermon was “Doctrine for a new year.” You can hear the sermon at our church website (click here).
The Triune God invites you into His web of relationships.
- 1:26, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”
- Acts 17:27, “That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:”
- 13:5, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. You can only have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- Acts 4:12, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
There is one church that is made alive by one Spirit.
- 1 Cor. 12:13, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we beJews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”
- Ephesians 4:4-6, “There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Humanity is sinful but redeemable.
- 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- 1:13-14Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Being made new is God’s plan.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- 21:5, “And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”