At the beginning of December, I finished the last course for my Ph.D. One-third of the way done with the Ph.D. requirements. The remaining two is the completion of the oral comprehensive exam in February 2019 and my dissertation. I thank the Lord for all He has already done and anticipate greater things still to come. While there is still plenty to be done, it feels like a significant obstacle has been crossed, and normalcy is on the horizon. Possibly? It at least makes me smile. So, the question is what am I looking forward to when my Ph.D. is finished? What is it that keeps me moving forward? Here are some of the things I am looking forward to doing with greater consistency and focus.
- Read for personal enjoyment and other interests. With so much focus on scholarly books and articles, there are so many other books I want to catch up with reading.
- Write more frequently. The blog started as a way to practice writing. However, through it, I found a greater love for writing.
- Develop greater proficiency in playing musical instruments. Right now, I can make a decent sound on most instruments. Still, I would love to be able to have a greater mastery on the piano and guitar.
- Travel and visit new places. This one is in partnership with the next one.
- Most of all, I am already enjoying more time with my family and look forward to completing my studies and having greater flexibility of time. Being able to provide more for my family and giving more of myself to them is a great desire.
Whatever it is that you are doing that is a challenge and sacrifice, what keeps you moving forward?