For the Grace of God
The Future is now.
- Cartoons and ads that tried to look at the technological advances of the future.
- In Jesus’ resurrection, we have a glimpse, or first fruit, of our own future. So it is important to live like that is a reality.
- It gives us the why to what and how.
We now move to the end of the second chapter, and third focus of Paul’s writing to Titus that he outlined in the first three verses.
- In 1:4, he looked at the faith of God’s elect.
- In 1:5-2:10, he spoke on the knowledge of the truth.
- Now, for the remainder of the letter, his focus is on the “hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began” (1:3).
- What is the grace of God? What is the blessed hope?
- It is the death and resurrection of Jesus. It is underserved and unearned.
- Everyone has the opportunity.
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
- 1 Timo. 2:3-4, “For this is good and acceptable in the sight of kGod our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and mto come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
- 2 Pet. 3:8-10, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, uas some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
Holiness (12 & 15) – Christian life in a nutshell.
- Sober – Don’t be an animal.
- Righteous (just) – Our life has been put right and we work to help others be put right.
- Devout (godly) – Not in a legalistic way, but normally being in God’s presence.
- You say life is too hard, and to live holy is too difficult.
- The call to follow Jesus isn’t impossible. Why? Because it’s an invitation to live in a way that empowers us. His death, burial, and resurrection, have unlocked the door and we are invited to live in His power.
- The hope of Heaven can be experienced by living in Christ now.
- Will you join the life that is in Christ? Will you measure your life by His Word?