Abundant Regeneration & Renewing
- Not by your works. Notice, this passage talks about good works. We are supposed to do right and think right. But, that is not enough to save us.
- We were to far out in sin.
- Is. 64:6, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”
- Rom 3:23, “All have sinned.”
How are we saved?
- Not by our works.
- By the Kindness, love, and mercy of God (vs. 4-5).
- Salvation is truly the work of God, through the sacrificial death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ the Son of God, and brought to reality in our lives through the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit.
So what, Paul?
- How you treat people and your good works show and tell God’s presence in you (vs. 1-2, 4-7).
- Why? Because once you were a sinner too (vs. 3).
- We are to live Christ Like in a Christless culture.
- Be subject to powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work. To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.