This sermon outline was more devotional in approach.
44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
“ Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.”
Learning to die from Jesus (Points made by John Piper)
- Remember that God reigns.
- Remember that God pities
- Remember that your spirit lives on.
- Remember that God’s hands are open to you.
- Do not murmur, complain, and rage against God.
Into thy hands…
- What have you committed to God in sanctification?
- Committed your prayers…
- Committed your possessions…
- Committed your family.
- Committed your time…
- Committed your life completely…