My Favorite Books
This goes to say that my favorite book is Bible. It is without equal. I do want to say though that it is unlike any other book in that is it truly sacred Scripture. It is made alive by Holy Spirit and that changes the approach to which we come to it with. Now that we have made mention of our favorite I will list my favorite books that I also recommend for anyone (in no particular order). There are also some that may not make be my favorite but are very recommended.
- Mere Christianity, C. S. Lewis.
- Classic Christianity, Thomas Oden.
- The Mind of Christ, Dennis Kinlaw.
- Let’s start with Jesus, Dennis Kinlaw.
- The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer.
- A Plain Account of Christian Perfection, John Wesley.
- Speaking God’s Words, Peter Adams.
- The Worship Architect, Conatance Cherry.
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, Eugene Peterson.
- The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- Discipleship at Home, Matt Friedeman.
- When God Builds a Church, Bob Russell.
- Epic of Eden, Sandra Richter.
- The Kingdom of the Cults, Walter Martin.
- On Christian Doctrine, Saint Augustine.
- Give Them Chrsit, Stephen Seamands
- Soul Shift, David Drury.
- Simple Church, Thom Rainer & Eric Geiger