This was the third and final message in a series “Deeper Dive into the Incarnation.”
You can see the first two sermons outlines here :
First Week – Incarnation and Identification
Second Week – Implications of the Incarnation
- John 12:21 – These Greeks were seeking Jesus. Their simple statement shows us the importance of seeking Jesus. Why?
- John 14:6, The way, the truth, the life, no man…
- John 1:1-2, “1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.”
- John 1:14: “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
- John 1:18, “No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
- We would see Jesus, for the Son reveals the Father.
- Moses (Exodus 33) Elders of Israel (Ex. 24), Isaiah (6) – they did not see God fully.
- What does this clear revelation of God show us?
- Col. 2:9 – fulness of the Godhead.
- Shows us what God is like – God came to us face to face – reading
- It shows God’s commitment to saving a radically fallen humanity.
- It shows God does not despise humanity or the physical world. He hates sin.
- We can be transformed.